Philippines Children's Homes
LifeChild Asia Foundation has recently constructed Eden House and His Place, homes to rescue orphans and street children from the streets of Manila and surrounding areas. We have been tremendously blessed to have the opportunities to help feed and clothe many children in this area. Many of you have already given and partnered with us in this endeavor. In recent years, we have been able to partner with other ministries to help feed children in local garbage dumps, assist in practical outreach to the poorest of the poor, and be messengers of the Gospel to the beautiful islands of the Philippines. Our children’s homes are located about 90 minutes south of Manila in Silang, Cavite.
We are operating an orphanage model that reflects a community of families rather than an institution.
- Our community currently has two homes, with room for up to six more.
- Each home is supervised by a married couple who act as permanent house parents.
- Each couple will have up to ten orphans to care for.
- We will have the opportunity to adopt orphans to families in Western countries.
- Our community of families is supervised by a local board of directors, made up of local pastors, social workers, health workers, and other volunteers.
As we grow, and as our finances allow, we will also build a basketball court, security wall, and playground for the children.
The total cost to support one entire household (ten children and two houseparents) is roughly $12,000 per year. This breaks down to $1000 per month, or $100 per month per child. This will help us to provide:
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- Clothing – school uniforms, school shoes, play clothes, etc.
- On-site nurse visits twice a week.
- Vitamins and regular medical check-ups.
- School supplies, school tuition, field trips, books, etc.
- Utility costs and maintenance.
- Allowance for house parents including salary, food, housing, and health insurance.
- Lots and lots of love!
WHAT WE NEED
- Materials to complete the first home: $3,000 DONE!
- Materials to complete the second home: $3,000 DONE!
- Playground equipment: $2,500
- Materials to complete community basketball court: $4,000
- Security fence around the perimeter of the property: $7,000 DONE!
- Jeepney (local vehicle, similar to a van that seats up to 20 people): $4,000 DONE!
- Additional monthly support to add a 2nd social worker
- Additional regular monthly supporters and child sponsors